|Fight for love, always and forever.|
Weekend Learning's after a… 57 day hiatus, can ya dig it? Yes we can! No we can't I know. Thank you all of those for the pep talks, messages and the er… "I love you but I'm going to start to hate you" mail (was it really necessary? I guess you got my attention). Especially I must add a little two cents to Atz, girl, if I see you looking at your watch once more to check the delay time on my last post… ill take you to the bar! Thank you.
I think it might have something to do with the fact that my little Cocobutton needs a little makeover, a nip tuck shall we say. I opened her up today (after all this time) and saw the lighter shade of what I used to be. Yes Coco we need some highlights! Watch this space… This is what I've learned;
- Going abroad makes you realize how truly backwards South Africa has become. Yes I know I am sorry to start off with a negative trust me, this will be the last but really, you have no idea how much bullshit we put up with till you go over there and put up with none. Its despicable. Can we all pull together to try make this a better place? And for gods sake VOTE people!!!
- I crave cake when I'm sick. I've come to the realization that this is in fact the "I feel sorry for myself" hunger. No wonder I'm so fit when I'm happy. None of that now happy clown!
- On that note, I am sorry for what I said when I was hungry… hungry = grumpy = no thinking before speaking.
- "I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people." - Vincent Van Gogh.
- I think I might have a new favourite blog in my future! My fellow juicer / veggie / townie / indie baby-shoes has FINALLY joined the blogging cult! You should add In My Green Boots to your list of blogs to follow. If you love me you'll love her, welcome Nats to the addiction.
- Smile To Go is probably NYC's best kept secret. A tiny place with the best granola (yes possibly as good as mine OKAY) delicious coffee and scrumptious lunch. The sheer gorgeousness of the interior and the ridiculousness of the girl riding on the chicken… you can trust the food here! Which is more than I can say for most of the streets of New York… scary.
- Sarang.(n.) love; lit. "I wish to be with you until death."
- One cannot enjoy joy, when ones joy is at home.
- Weddings are best left small, with very close and intimate friends and family with the main breath being love (in) and joy (out). This I have learned from the last two weddings I have experienced since my last post (yea, Coco's been busy!). First was my aunt in New York and second, my dear and long time friends Ash and Guy Park. Thank you for letting me share your days with you!
- Smoothies! I am officially green smoothie obsessed. Two a day for everyday in may! Well it was a 30 day challenge and by this Sunday I would have happily done it. And I plan to stick to it forever. Adding it to my normal daily menu rather than replacing meals makes sure I am adding to my lifestyle not subtracting from my routine. And hells spinach are they delicious!
- No matter what the size or severity of someones operation, if they're a member of my family I am scared stiff! It is just one of those things where everything is out of your hands, fate is your biggest enemy and vulnerability becomes the biggest emotion I personally brew. Thank god its over.
- Getting another logo in another design book is like the cherry on my cake. I'm going in the right direction, that is all the proof I needed! Yes! Coco Winning!
- "They told me that to make her fall in love I had to make her laugh. But every time she laughs I'm the one who falls in love." - Tommaso Ferraris.
PS. The streets are paved with gold my dears, and also glass… dance in army boots!
|Light my way...|