A New Dawn

Friday 14 December 2012
Seasons Greeting's, it is okay to be a little weird!

Good bye to 2012. It was, compared to 2011, an easy year. Yes there were a lot of ups and downs but when I look back the overall feeling is a smiling one. So I thought I would mention 12 things that I was grateful for this year. Here they are, in no particular order;

  1. Jozi Town – The development of Jozi CBD has got to be on the top of my list of "Things I have done a lot of in 2012". The rebirth of Commissioner Street, the birth of Neighbourgoods and the delivery of the hippie chic festival and trendy rooftop party scene *to name a few… has got me buzzing with excitement to see what 2013 holds. I love my city!
  2. Letting Go – Now this might seem like an odd one or more of an intangible one but having the ability to let go of bad juju has got to be one of the feelings in the world. Yes it is difficult and the beginning and you never quite know if you're doing the right thing but looking back today, I wish I had done it the first time I was screwed over, you live and you learn.
  3. Tattoo's – Finally getting inked was epic… although I am so relieved I waited this long. Getting a tattoo when you don't know yourself is a big mistake, god forbid I would have gotten that hip tattoo I wanted in college… this also goes hand in hand which knowing who I am I guess and being comfortable in my own skin and not caring what anyone else thinks.
  4. Death Star Designer – with two Loerie nominations under my belt I can proudly say I'm becoming better known as a niche logo designer and focusing on my skills I am part of a team to be proud of and I am loving the power we posess here at Interbrand Sampson. Watch out folks… Designer bulldozer at your service! I love my job!
  5. Basil and Louis – yes these are my dogs! So sue me! But getting a puppy really makes you appreciate so many things. So sweet and innocent, the love of a dog is like nothing on this earth. I hope there are lots of little pups and kittens going to good homes this Christmas.
  6. Quality Friends – this needs no more elaboration. I love you guys ^_^
  7. Illovo's Expansion – With the array of new spots in my area there is really no need to drive anywhere. Illovo is fast becoming the hub of hipster and cool spots to hang… and I can litterally walk… sigh.
  8. IBSA Creche – this one is one of those points that ground me. Interbrand Sampson now supports a Creche in Alex. There are 6 orphans and up to forty children there to learn and be taken care of. My friend and I go quite regularly. Today for example we donated toys, an oven and a microwave. I cried after we left. It is soul destroying to see these little angels living the way they do. I am so grateful that I can help them.
  9. My Health – last year I had a lot of issues with my heath, a couple of accidents. This year I have managed to figure out what I need without the influence of others and I'm happier and evidently looking and feeling healthier for it. Vegetarian is the way to go!
  10. My Boyfriend – It is a rare and beautiful thing when you meet someone who you share almost every corner of your life with, every snowflake of your personality with, and every flicker of your soul with… and they match. I am a lucky girl.
  11. Family – We lost two members of our family this year and had one wedding. Even though death is a natural part of life I never fully accept it. My older sister getting married was a wonderful and beautiful thing, it was one of the most wonderful moments of the year and I am so ecstatic to have extended our already large family.
  12. Discovery – since I realized it is okay to explore and be different. I have discovered so many new things. New worlds, new pages and chapters. This in my new years resolution for next year, to make more discoveries with the people I have mentioned.

Look back on your year, what have you learned, loved, tested or tried? Hold them all close to your heart for they have made you who you are today and let them go for next year is a new and blossoming chapter. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year twinkles.

Xoxo

PS. Maybe some girls are not meant to be tamed. Maybe they are supposed to run wild until they find someone, just as wild, to run with. x


If anything, keep your head up angel and be brave.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top