|From death comes birth and beauty and blossoming tomorrow.|
Life is so much easier when you just chill out. I'd rather do this than muddle my weekends with buzzing about. The weeks are so frantic and hectic, what is the point in the rush? Monday is so much more painful! This is what I learned;
- People don't notice the things we do for them until we stop doing them.
- Friday nights in, oh my golly! This has got to be my favourite thing. I know I speak of this a lot, but truly I love it. After a hard day, racing home to get into my pj's only to faff around with the dogs and in the kitchen, it is delightful to not have a care in the world only to take responsibility for myself.
- “Rise and rise again until lambs become lions.” - Robin Hood the Movie, 2010
- The World of Cats and Dogs. Note; for us, it should be called "World of Dogs and Some Snakes and a Cowboy on a Horse, Skip Cats". What a treat! Silly but so fun. I don't think I stopped smiling. There was a ratio of huge smiles to normal smiles but an all over happy face slapped on Coco. Even when I was tired and hungry and resting on the boyfriends shoulder I was grinning as out of the corner of my eye there was a little furry mutt yanking on some woman's packet, sprawling a trail of kibble for the other hounds to follow… *sigh… Must Love Dogs… So in love with dogs!
- "The best portion of your life will be the small nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you." - unknown. Been having a lot of these lately…
- Sago, is a type of starch, extracted in the spongy centre, or pith, of various tropical palm stems. And in England (where I lived for five years) Sago pudding is a common dessert amongst Brits. So of course Woolworths is stocking it and my beady eye saw, my hand grabbed, my wallet paid for and I devoured its deliciousness. Its pure comfort food in winter and it is scrumptious, go get some now (warm it, don't trust their cold suggestion).
- Exposing your dark side doesn't frighten me, hiding it does.
- "I can forgive, but I cannot forget, is another way of saying, I will not forgive. Forgiveness ought to be like a cancelled note – torn in two, and burned up, so that it never can be shown against one." - Henry Ward Beecher. I am going to print this out and keep it close to me, forgiveness is actually about letting go, forgetting in order not to hold it against the other person… something important to remember and more importantly, practice.
- Today, two years ago my dear friend was taken from us because he loved to ride his motorbike. It wasn't even one of those horror stories you hear about a late night or a drunken idiot. Simply a Saturday afternoon, in the sunlight, someone forgot to look out for my friend on his bike and skipped the robot. Think Bike! Sign up and support this initiative to help people be more aware. I miss you everyday my Nyks, it never gets easier.
On that note, life is short, so appreciate who you have and love them and tell them you love them! Who knows when they'll be taken from you. Have a shiny week buttons and pearls.
PS. "Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful?" - Lana Del Rey.
|Many ghost, many memories, miss you all.|