Weekend Learning's

Tuesday 20 August 2013
Sun, skin, love.


You do not realize you need a holiday till you are on holiday. And my goodness was it needed! As you know the boyfriend and I planned a little getaway for us and the pup. It was fantastic and I hope the first one of millions and millions! This is a double whammy so, make a cuppa and get comfortable, it should be a goodie. 
  • I've never been so excited or happy to just be bored and do nothing with someone. Sitting in silence with someone and enjoying every second of it? Your company brings me joy. 
  • If you live in the Durban area (or are visiting like we were) Olive and Oil is a fantastic restaurant with great lunchtime specials. They were also very accommodating of our four legged friend and the service was great. 
  • “Trust whatever He has for you. It will be better than anything you can plan for yourself.” Francis Chan (Crazy Love)
  • When one has a dog in ones party, one needs to always be on the lookout for dog friendly venues. BringFido is a website which tells you all the dog friendly places in your city. It is a little slow in South Africa but has a few recommendations. It was able to give me a list of all the beaches we could take Billy Button the Boxer, bow wow!
  • “Stars got tangled in her hair whenever she played in the sky.”Laini Taylor
  • Brevisbrook is a lovely little BnB in Pietermaritzburg. We felt very relaxed in the peaceful country style accommodation set in lush surroundings and came to call it 'home' by the end of our trip. Thank you Dave and Normaine, it was blissful!
  • Lying on the beach, watching my guy and his dog play, could be on my list of new favourite things. Sunshine, sea, sand and silliness!  
  • I am not lucky, I am blessed. 
  • "She lives with hurricane eyes and he fell in love with the way the waves collapsed onto her cheeks." - Christopher Poindexter
  • There is nothing more fun than eating oats out of a jar. It is just a trivial thing that brings joy… Consol jars do the trick… go on, you can do it. 
  • "You are not a drop in the ocean, you are the entire ocean in a drop." - Rumi
  • One forgets how much you need the sea. I for one am a child of the sun. I need it. It feeds me, that vitamin D feeling, well I can lie in the sun for hours like a sponge sucking in the heat, recharging my cold withered bones from this pithy winter we've had. My how I feel the glow just from that one day. 
  • The Wolfpack in Joburg, is the new hotspot on the Parkhurst strip. A bustling, trendy burger venue with gourmet pub food and craft beers on tap, you're more than likely going to attend someones Birthday there in the next few weeks. The Moroccan burger, do it!


Have a great week pretty plums… smell that? Spring is in the air! 

xoxo

PS. Watching those brown cows on the side of the road checking for holes in the fence… 


It's the little things that make the biggest impact,
they also show you care. 

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top