|Sometimes you do not know how far you have come till you look back.|
The first week back at work after a little vay-cay is always a difficult one. Strangely I was excited to be back. Yes we all know I love my job but I also love my life and even if I do occasionally need to get away for a little escapism I have come to the realization that it has only made me more aware of how blissfully happy I am in my own shoes. How sweet and how pleasant things have changed from what they once were when I literally wanted to flee from my life on a daily basis. Shame. I am so glad I am no longer that sad waif of a lonely bird. Now that my friends is life altering education! But do not fret I have some more for you, this is what I learned;
- “Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, maybe you set up a life you don’t need to escape from.” - Seth Godin. YES!
- Every flower must grow through dirt… I did this and now I am a flower amongst many other flowers instead of a flower amongst weeds which is where I would have been if I did not have the courage to change and let go of my life so drastically, scary to think.
- Signatures in Morningside shopping center is by far, fast becoming, one of my favourite restaurants in Johannesburg. Well worth the prices, every meal I have had (and sampled) is divine, the ambiance is one of splendor and the live music is something I cannot get enough of.
- Sobremesa (n.) the time spent around the table after lunch or dinner, talking to the people you shared the meal with; time to digest and savor both food and friendship. This is my favourite part.
- The fact that you take and hold my hand no matter what when walking from A to B with such purpose still gives me butterflies. It is little things like this which keeps love alive.
- Randloards is still an amazing venue with the best views of Jozi and with the right group, the best fun!
- "Be with someone that requires you to grow, makes you forget your problems, holds your hand, likes to kiss, appreciates art, and adores you." - Mama Zara
- There is nothing that a smoothie can't fix. Trust me… if you know your stuff, and I do, the right recipe can cure anything. Mild headaches, cramps, bad skin, bad moods, sore muscles… they have become my saving grace, I love them, swear by them, won't go a day without one.
- I cook on sundays now. I make lunches for the week. It saves money too. I find bustling around the kitchen in my pajama's ridiculously therapeutic and the smell of sweet potato and pumpkin soup is mouth watering. It is nice. And food is my little hobby on the side which keeps me sane and reminds me that having a five day intensive desk job is okay as long as I'm back in the kitchen Friday nights and over the stove sundays. Good times.
Have smooth sailing weeks strawberry puffs! And remember, spring is just there, see it, over the hill! Yay!
PS. May my heart be kind, my mind fierce and my spirit brave.
|This is true, my love.|