Weekend Learning's

Monday 16 September 2013



Hot. It was hot this weekend! And I loved it. Johannesburg often skips spring and burst into flames with summer. It was 30 degrees on Sunday. And I know it is summer when I sit in the shade in the park with my guy and get a little pink on my shoulders. I don't burn, this is my skin blushing me into knowing she's been kissed for the first time this summer, devilish! This is what else I learned;

  • I hate knowing this is the last weekend of my September learning's which will have the memory of my boyfriend in them… especially since it's our anni month. Hurry home darling, October, come quickly please.
  • "Some people look for a beautiful place, others make a place beautiful." - Hazrat Inayat Khan. 
  • Yom Kippur also known as Day of Atonement, it is the holiest day of the year for the Jewish people. Its central themes are atonement and repentance. Although I don't yet fully understand this day, I highly respect my strong boyfriend and his family for doing this fast! 25 hours of no sustenance, impressive and humbling. Maybe next year when I know more, I can try do it too.
  • "No one has ever made himself great by showing how small someone else is." - Irvin Himmel
  • The Fishermans Deli in Dunkeld is still the best place in Jozi to get both fresh and frozen vissies. The crowds prove this.
  • On that note, my boyfriend, yes- MY boyfriend, is an amazing Salmon chef. Next time, I am going to insist on double! Delicious… the chef... and the salmon… *wink!
  • "You don't have to be born beautiful to be wildly attractive." - Diana Vreeland
  • I am a memory keeper. I often know, to the day, what happened a year ago. This is a personal human trait I cherish. This particular weekend a year ago was the beginning of the rest of my life, the happiest weekend. Fate has a funny way of working out for the best.  
  • "There will be dozens of people who will take your breath away but the one who reminds you to breathe is the one your should keep." - Unknown 
  • Fika (v.) drinking coffee along with eating something sweet. I do this a lot… I fika?
  • “We’re not the same person we were a year ago, a month ago, or a week ago. We’re constantly changing. Experiences don’t stop. That’s life” - Unknown 


Keep busy and pretty out there my little moon drops! Thanks for reading!

Xoxo


PS. People with good intentions make promises, but people with good character keep them. 



0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top