Weekend Learning's

Tuesday 21 January 2014
Positivo!

Weekends when the summer is vicious but the chilling is high are becoming my favourite. Weekends are also becoming the downtime to the tightly wound up weeks. Slow paced lazy weekends, and speed racing weeks… this is going to be my 2014 me thinks. And do you know what that means? More Learnings! This is what I learned;
  • I am totally and utterly obsessed with the words above! "Seja positivo. A vida retribui." This translates to; "Stay positive. Life reciprocates." True ne? I love being happy smiley Coco.
  • On that note, I am really enjoying my 100 Happy Days. I hope you have at least one thing to be happy about every single day! See on the right of my blog you can see my Instagram feed.
  • "Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be." - Elizabeth Gilbert. Amen Lizzie! 
  • I have to admit I am consumed with Master Chef All Stars. On Friday they had a "Burn The Mystery Box / Barbecue" Challenge. I was so excited. I was in a state of utter fascination! I don't think I closed my shocked trap for the whole of the first section until the interval. So silly, so fun! Watch it! 
  • I finally made it to La Vie en Rose. A picturesque little spot in Illovo where there is iced tea, meals are inspired by roses and the serviettes are tied with tiny pink ribbons. A must!
  • Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the colour nine.
  • Have you ever had a white mielie? When I used to visit my family in Zimbabwe we celebrated these delicious juicy veggies. They're pretty rare in South Africa but if you find some, try them, trust me. I got my hands on some this weekend, yum! 
  • Orphic. (adj.) Mysterious and entrancing; beyond ordinary understanding. 
  • Stop watering the weeds in your life and start watering the flowers. 


Have a cherished week my little starfish, and remember; compliment people. Magnify their strengths, not their weaknesses. 

Xoxo


PS. "We were together… I forget the rest." - Walt Whitman. Meep.


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top