Weekend Learning's

Tuesday 4 February 2014
Even in French, February looks and sounds romantic.



Hello February. The month of love, or so they say. I had a productive weekend. And I am going to admit I have quite the girl crush on Mother Nature and her moody storms. They are so seductive and euphoric, I just can't get enough. This is what I learned; 

  • A Friday night in with the boyfriend all to myself is as rare as a unicorn and equally as special and beautiful. 
  • “Scare the world: Be exactly who you say you are and tell the truth.”The Shock of Honesty 
  • I am loving the Nike+ run app. It is well designed and user friendly but it also challenges and encourages you to get out there and make footprints and to share your experiences. Try it out, you'll see what I mean. 
  • “And every day, the world will drag you by the hand, yelling, “This is important! And this is important! And this is important! You need to worry about this! And this! And this!” And each day, it’s up to you to yank your hand back, put it on your heart and say, “No. This is what’s important.”Iain S Thomas. I've come to the realization that it is okay to miss some things in life for creating more unique things is way more interesting. Saturday was filled with unique experiences which I will cherish.
  • “I’m not asking you to love me perfectly but to love me graciously.”Ramses Prashad 
  • I can't begin to explain how exciting it is to have all (well about half to be precise) my family in one place at one time. Sunday was my lovely Aunt Heathers Birthday. She flew out from New York with new Hubby, Uncle Jon, to celebrate in SA with the Jozi crowd. My heart was filled to the brim with gushy love… and my tum was filled with yummy food! Family, it is the best part of every part. 
  • “Never push a loyal person to the point where they no longer care.” - Unknown
  • I am growing my own tomatoes from scratch. Yes I am! I bought a kit the other day, I played in the mud, got really dirty and so begins my new little garden. The best part was milling about the house after my planting then walking past the mirror just to catch a glimpse of myself and discovering I had mud on my cheek and forehead! No wonder the caterer left in a hurry… 
  • Did you know the chilling shiver you experience with a strong emotion has a name? It is called "frisson".


Have a lovely first week of February my squishy hearts! Hope you are planning your Valentines cards.

Xoxo


PS. Do not read the next sentence. You little rebel. I like you!

This, this is too true. 

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top