Weekend Learning's

Tuesday 25 February 2014
Two brush strokes. Totally different? Yes!
They have the exact same paints, the exact same brush was used,
they are totally complimentary, but still totally unique and different.
Together on one canvas they are a composition of unity.
Art, yes. Perfection, definitely. 

Last weekend of February. Oh no. Cannot really say I will miss February. It was not such a fantastic month. It's been tough, I feel tired. But I am positive, I am bright, and I am looking forward to the week, the weekend, the month, to March and my life. This is what I learned;

  • This year, it is going FAST. Woooooosh!
  • If you want to go fast, go alone, if you want to go far, go together. 
  • I have to say I was quite overworked last week and it showed. You know you are tired when you fall asleep on your couch before dinner and a girl screaming in Pretty Little Liar on your laptop wakes you. Awkward. 
  • “Working hard for something we don’t care about is called stress; working hard for something we love is called passion.”Simon Sinek
  • Friday Shabbas was delicious. It is quite lovely how I really look forward to it, I just love family time to be honest! I especially love Shabbas when it is at my boyfriends Mum's house because I love the food. Om nom nommm… 
  • “I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person.” Audrey Hepburn.
  • The first person you should trust is yourself. I really should start listening to my body, to what I am feeling, and to my inner voice, she speaks a lot of nonsense sometimes, but she also speaks a lot of truth. 
  • I love the roulade at Nice in Parkhurst it is so morish. Oh my goodness, mascarpone cheese and strawberry filling with a touch of rosewater? Yes! It is so tasty it almost distracted me with every mouthful from the delicious gossip I was discussing with my dear friend Debbie. And I think she felt the same about her Nice cheesecake. Tasty much?
  • I can shamefully say I love the Bachelorette. I look SO forward to watching it on the weekend. Ya, ya, ya its a bunch of hollywood romantic hogwash. But there are small moments of romance and escapism that are just too funny and too cute. It might be hollywood but they time those fireworks perfectly! And y'all know this Coco is a cheesy romantic lover-lover!
  • “I will kiss your scars as you heal, I will sit by your side and hold your hand. I will write invisible secrets and paragraphs and maybe a book into your skin at night, while you sleep warm next to me.” - Unknown.
  • I highly recommend the "Find my iPhone" App. Goodness people!!! So I left my phone in my friends car on Saturday night. Using my iCloud and that App I found it, in her car, the next day. Was the scariest thing. What a great app! BEST! And grateful!
  • “Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world.”Miyamoto Musashi


Have a productive week my darlings I have a long weekend with Design Indaba, cannot wait! Getting inspired already!

xoxo


PS. “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill.

Appreciate, always.
I'm lucky In that I have this with my special one ^_^
But I think sometimes we and others forget how lucky they are. 

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top