Weekend Learning's

Monday 24 March 2014
I feel like I finally am...


Last week was a four day week and with a three day weekend we crammed a little more in than usual. I really wish I could have a three day weekend every weekend. Bliss! This is what I learned;

  • “Forever is composed of nows.”Emily Dickinson. Don't waste today thinking about tomorrow darling!
  • Those wooden ironing boards are so scary to me. If I met one of those in a dark alley, there is more chance I would run screaming from that than any ghoul or ghost. Every time I iron something, which is often, I freak out. It is so heavy and I almost always get my fingers caught in it while opening or closing this heavy ancient thing and I also scrape my knee on the wood trying to fold it while trying to protect my tiny foot which I always drop it on because it weighs as much as my car. Bastard!
  • Do you know it was Human Rights Day on Friday? I hope you took a second or two to remember and think about all the people who fought for those rights you so often take advantage of. If you'd like to remind yourself, give {this} a read. I often wonder if these holidays are in vein considering most of them are spent dunk or hungover… 
  • “The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.”Mark Twain. 
  • When a restaurant gets my order wrong I stamp my foot and shout; "Is there any accountability anymore!?" In my head of course. In South Africa, there is little to no pride in the hospitality industry (as you'll have read in my last post about The Griffin *cringe). So when I received my breakfast at Fournos on Saturday morning and found my spinach and feta crepes were empty (I know… what? Bizarre). I was disappointed and sent them back feeling pretty drained of the foot stamping. When the manager who took my order came to apologize and gave us two free croissants as a pardon gift I felt a lot better. Thank you Fournos dunkeld for restoring my faith in, well you, the rest are still on trial. 
  • “The smell of good bread baking, like the sound of lightly flowing water, is indescribable in its evocation of innocence and delight.”MFK Fisher
  • I can't begging to explain how proud I am. My boyfriend has started a blog. You can read his ramblings {here} and Help Him Lose His Keys. You be nice now, or you'll have cross Coco to confront you!
  • "Success is fickle, but creativity is a gift." - Tommy Shaw.
  • I am becoming mildly obsessed with my Sunday's. From waking up in the arms of my love (this has to be done, it is a critical part!) to our Nespresso and baked goods breakfast, to a little pillow talk. In the middle there is a lunch, a run or / and a smoothie. There is always some kind of pamper with me getting myself ready for work, painting my nails, giving myself a facial or prepping my work meals. And often an outing with someone, my pup, the boyfriend, a friend or my sister. The accumulation of all of theses things this year have created the perfect Sunday's. Lucky me!
  • Motherland Coffee is one of the places I go on these Sunday's. The coffee is delicious. The shop design is inspiring, and the wifi is free! I have found, more than once that the quality of people at Motherland are rather amusing. This Sunday we sat amongst pipe smokers who looked less intellectual than they articulated and they were discussing the confrontation of the classification of the average wobble-wobble I was distracted by something fun. Still it is nice to eavesdrop here with a cappuccino mustache. 
  • "My love for you spans the lines of my past, present, and future. You are what I love remembering, what I love experiencing, and what I love looking forward to." - Steve Maraboli. 18 Months this week with my beau, coo-cooo-ca-choo.


Make it through the five day week my pumpkin heads and fate will bless you with a tasteful weekend, trust me! 

xoxo


PS. I like big butts and I cannot lie! No wait I am lying, I only like your butt… babe.

My love, Thank you for loving me at my best,
most importantly thank you for loving me at my darkest. x

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top