Weekend Learning's

Monday 12 May 2014
The sweetness of doing nothing.

First weekend without the prospect of AfrikaBurn looming over my head. It was rather slow and a well needed rest. There was a lot of family time with both my respected families… Gosh I love family time. This is what I learned;

  • “The mouth should have three gatekeepers. Is it true? Is it kind? And is it necessary?” - Arab Proverb
  • I am in LOVE with the new nakd bars. No I am not talking about a nudest club! It is a raw food snack! And they're hell of a yum! I've only tried the Cashew Cookie and I need more in my life. What a great concept, and the name!
  • "To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it." - Osho
  • I have a love / hate relationship with healthy looking hair. I love the look! But I feel rather sad that whenever I get a haircut I feel like my hair is all gone. Even if it is just a trim, the lack of weight my hair once had, I almost feel robbed. What is it with women and this unreasonable desire to have long lustrous hair? One snip, and all femininity crumbles!
  • “And tonight, I think of you; as I do every night.”T.B. LaBerge
  • I took my dogs to see my Gran on Mothers Day. They can get a little frantic with the excitement sometimes, especially when we go with my mum. I noticed this time, driving myself and just the pups that they were both pretty calm. I came to the realization that they'd either been soothed or knocked out but my singing… either way, I have finally found a way to calm the bests! 
  • “I think a lot of people compare their insides to other people’s outsides.”Emma Stone
  • There are some people that come in to your life and are instantly family. Mother's Day dinner was lovely with the addition of our Sarah sister. I know, wherever she is in the world in the next few months, she will will close in our hearts.
  • “Because if you’re lucky enough to have people in your life that make you happy, that inspire you, that move you, you need to devour each moment you have together because you never know how many of those moments you have left. These people are sacred.”Katie Kacvinsky, First Comes Love 


Have a good full five day week my chunky-knit-scarfs! Its going to be a long one!

xoxo


PS. “Understand, I’ll slip quietly away from the noisy crowd when I see the pale stars rising, blooming, over the oaks. I’ll pursue solitary pathways through the pale twilit meadows, with only this one dream: You come too.” Ranier Maria Rilke

Do it, you feel nice after.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top