Weekend Learning's

Monday 2 June 2014
Maya Angelou, you will be missed.

A weekend spent trying to save money is a relaxed weekend. I like, love, these weekends. Don’t get me wrong I am sure there is a little boogie waiting to jump out of me and shake my booty! But for now I’m taking it super chilled, the only addiction I’m giving into is that of my duvet, my health and my boyfriend… not in that order… this is what I learned;

  • Truly heartbroken about the loss of Maya Angelo. The amount of posts I have littered with her words… what a gift she was. 
  • "The older you get the more you realise that it isn’t about the material things, or the pride of the ego. It’s about our hearts and who they beat for.” - R.A.
  • I love surprises, and I really love the little things too and having my boyfriend visit me at the office, even if it is for one minute and bringing me a little something, truly makes me the happiest girl in the world. 
  • “Love doesn’t just sit there like a stone. It has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.” - Ursula K. Le Guin
  • The Eatery JHB, I can still say has the most amazing Autumn menu. I can’t speak for the summer one as I did not visit the glorious place the whole season. Ridiculous. But I visited them on Friday for a quick Friday office farewell and I could not decide… so much choice… only an hour lunch break… the turmoil… must revisit… ASAP. 
  • “Joy is the serious business of Heaven.” - C.S. Lewis
  • Sometimes I just need a day, to myself, to do nothing but reflect, to unwind. I can’t remember the last time I took an entire weekend to do this. I feel like I always have to answer to people. I allow so many people to dictate my movements that I often forget that the weekend is actually mine and I can do whatever I want with it and my time is precious and it is totally okay to say “No.” and not feel bad. So there. 
  • “Feminism isn’t about making women stronger. Women are already strong. It’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength.”G.D Anderson
  • Speaking of strong women, my mother’s exhibition ended at Hyde Park Corner this weekend. She was exhibiting with The Rotary Club, some of her students and she sponsored a talented up and coming artist. My mum’s stand, the printmaking section, raised a third of the Rotaries earnings with their sales and most of that is due to my amazing mum’s hard work and dedication. I am so proud. See more of here work {here} and {here} or you can like her Facebook page {here} for more up and coming events. Truly inspiring! 
  • “Do your little bit of good where you are, it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” - Desmond Tutu
  • I really love the teeny-tiny Tictac’s that Tasha’s give out after their meals instead of mints, they are so cute! And they really last a lot longer than one mint… and perhaps you can use the container and reuse it for tiny other things, like maybe, erm, one or two pieces of gum or one jelly baby or to keep your favourite paperclips in it, perfect! 
  • A real gentleman only lies to his woman if it involves surprising her… l like this.
  • I had such a fun gym session with my man. He came with me on Sunday and we had the entire place to ourselves, well almost. Anyway the point is, I really enjoyed looking over my shoulder on the treadmill and knowing there was some gorgeous man coming to see me, momentarily. Same time next week? 
  • I owe no explanation for my flaws. I don’t have to justify my mistakes, my past, or my insecurities. I am growing and learning. Let me live. 

Live my little fireflies, live!

Xoxo


PS. “Hearts are wild creatures, that’s why our ribs are cages.”

I love this, find a sunray in every chilly moment!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top