Weekend Learning's

Wednesday 11 June 2014
Oh just imagine... {George Eliot}


On Sunday evening when I was sitting in my nest thinking about my Blog I was quite content that I wasn’t going to write a post this week for no other reason than I wasn’t feeling too positive and I didn’t want to spread that little black rain cloud with anyone but myself. It isn’t that I have problems or that things are going badly. I am just going through a bit of a transition in my life and have become quite aware that I am going at it alone, again. The main culprit is the cold. I don’t know why it affects me so badly. I really am a sun baby! The winter reaches into my tiny body and grips my bones and makes me blue… literally and metaphorically, *wink! 
But today is Wednesday and halfway through this wretched week and I’m MADLY looking forward to this big weekend… so this last weekend of hibernating, this is what I learned;

  • “The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.” - Unknown
  • Dogs, they amaze me everyday! Spending a few hours at the park, two of us on one side, two on the other (out of sight) and having the cutest boxer run from side to side following our voices, amazing and so sweet!
  • “Don’t settle. Don’t finish crappy books. If you don’t like the menu, leave the restaurant. If you’re not on the right path, get off it.”Chris Brogan
  • I don’t care what anyone says, I love my new healthy lifestyle and I really struggle to veer off it. Workout, eat well, be patient. Your body will reward you. The results I am feeling mentally and physically just after the last 6 weeks… I can’t wait for the rest of my life! 
  • “Call a boy a gentleman and watch his shoulders straighten. Call a girl a lady and watch her spirit turn graceful. Humanity was brought into existence by God speaking words into the void of the universe. We tend to become what we are called.”The Medicine of Hope
  • Deli One in Sandton City has always been one of my favourites for a quick pop-in-and-go lunch. I cannot admit that the fact that they are in a mall for me is super unfortunate and the fact that they are next to the parking lot is also a bit of a turn off so I often grab a takeaway. they are pretty reasonable and they are really healthy (depending on your pick of the display!) and in this respect the parking lot location is a plus for a run-in-and-run-out purchase. 
  • This weekend I did some serious hibernating. With the cold front hitting Jozi hard, I was indoors as much as possible. Thus I finished True Detective. Wow. What a show! I was blown away by the beginning credits, they’re gorgeous. But the small eight episode first season kept me on my toes, biting my nails and at the end of every episode I was desperate to watch the next. The love affair had just started and the series was already over! Bother. 
  • “Please know there are much better things in life than being lonely or liked or bitter or mean or self-conscious. We are all full of shit. Go love someone just because; I know your heart may be badly bruised, or even the victim of numerous knifings, but it will always heal, even if you don’t want it to; it keeps going. There are the most fantastic, beautiful things and people out there, I promise. It is up to you to find them.”Chuck Palahniuk


Now, put on your jumper and your wellies and keep the chilly monster at bay! Run, run to your beds! See you next week! 

xoxo


PS. “Listen to your blood. Go where it beats.”Maza-Dohta 

This was me this weekend... gym yes, bed, defo, damn you cold!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top